Google Analytics

Friday, November 11, 2011

blogospherical

Or House of Blog or somesuch.
Here's the list of creations:
Modblog, the domain version, which won't be incorporating any of the content from this blog (officially the son of the son of modblog in my private nomenclature). That'll have the basic daily rants and screeds and fluff, and update posts like this one. I'm committed to daily posting and may well crosspost between the three blogging platforms-blogger, wordpress, and my domain. It depends on how much I have to say each day.
I'm planning at the very least to do a lot more reviews-books and cds more so than movies, which I don't watch much, and more sports content. Cubs, Bears, Blackhawks specifically. I get a lot of the Cub games on WGN, and the Bears have a few national games. The Hawks are rarely on tv, and the 160 bucks for a season's worth of streaming is ridiculous. But I digress...next on the list is :








Fallen Earring, the eventual home for the edited first draft of the nanonovel. This version is radically different from the versions previously posted. The delivery system is all that I kept-otherwise it's a complete rewrite and is causing retrocon ripples throughout my little pocket universe.
You'll notice that the design is a little different...in that the background is the same gif that I made most of the old buttons from. I think it looks pretty good in that context, and I've chopped up the colored-pencil drawing some and used it for a header graphic as well as the "book cover".








WordWorld, where I'm planning to post a good variety of my written work. That will include the revised versions as well as some first and second drafts as I wish to discuss the genesis of some of the pieces.
The content will change from time to time as I add and subtract pieces, depending on which segment of the overall continuity they're slotted into at the moment.
The design has my usual starfield background and a bunch of desk tools, including the requisite cuppa joe.









Fear and Loathing In Innsmouth. This webcomic (including a portion that is envisioned as a graphic novel) will be starting around the New Year.
The greenish color scheme indicates the relation to the Letters from Outside anthology, due to start appearing around the same time.












There are also a couple of things I'm not prepared to unveil as yet. It seems that I found the key to my lethargy after all as my O2 converter experienced complete fail at @2 am, causing my dearest to be awakened and the on-call tech to be summoned. It had been sounding like a garbage truck in the driveway for most of the afternoon and night, and finally gave up the ghost.
Fortunately I had one last portable tank on hand and D put that together while I made the call. The whole process was handled very professionally, and Jose was here within the hour to change out the unit. I'd have to say that the old converter was probably failing for a while, and that's why I was feeling so run-down that I was literally huffing and puffing just from getting up to go into the kitchen. Burning plastic fumes, air instead of straight oxygen, a combination of the two, those are likely culprits.
I'm feeling much better. My gigantic migraine has just about gone away. D has gone to work dspite having just a couple hours' sleep, though she's gonna go home early if allowed. Last Friday was pretty slow, or so I was led to understand. Let's hope today is likewise. We could use the money but she has to be exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment