Google Analytics

Sunday, November 6, 2011

the Post-Fail Fail

Yep, that's when you really know things are going wrong, when you are so full of fail that it spills out and makes a mess.
I failed to write a word for nanowrimo. I was tired, etc. I slacked, and what's worse, I'm not real sorry. I basically took a day off, failed to do much at all. I was far advanced in my slothness. I was able to stir myself and prepare simple burgers for dinner but that's about it.
Being tired makes me less able to process the oxygen I need. The less able to process, the less energy I have. Vicious cycle. I need sleep, but I'm in sleep/fail mode again. I haven't had this long of a stretch of it since I lived in Rochester and was still slinging burgers for a "living".
The most effort I had in me was to configure some of the widgets for my brand-damn spanking new website, which I'm working on as much as possible between the myriad of other projects I have running. The security stuff and like that, those things can't wait. I'll throw the urls up here soon, but not just yet.
There's cool stuff coming up. I'll just say that. The old pro gloss.
I just wish I had the energy to get it done quicker. There's so much I want to do, but I keep coming around to this lack of energy.
Some of you may not know that I was sick earlier this year. I came down with pneumonia, and it went bad. Bad enough that I'm on oxygen, nine months after I first went to the hospital.
Kind of an inhale fail.
Anyway, I'm still feeling the effects of that illness. I almost didn't make it--I'm thankful that I did, of course, but things can get frustrating.
I do have just over 10k done of the nanonovel, so I'm not so far behind, and I'm still keeping up with nablopomo. Just about finished with the music piece and voiceover I was due to turn in last week (my most abject apologies, S/D). It took three days for it to be quiet enough in here to consider recording voice and for me to have enough wind to do a good job of it. Some days are bad air days.
More later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment