Google Analytics

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dipped into it and dipped IN IT

Yep, as remarked on in the previous jinxpost, I went wandering right into the Fallen Earring minefield and was promptly hit with a block. For a couple of hours I sat trying to squeeze one more peanut of a word through my eyedropperful of wanna and then gave up.
I got to work instead on the Letters from Outside archive. It's a wp facility like many of my things, and I'm still monkeying around with the layout a bit. Looks pretty good, though. Dunno what problems I'll have when I start copying and pasting the content but I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.
Still has James' Russell's excellent graphic for the logo, and I've tried to match the green as well as I can. The whole thing has a nice clean look to it, which I'm going for. Let the content speak for itself, just unclutter the place.
There's all the time in the world to work on it, and I need a lot of things to keep me going. My convalescence is going decently, but I'm still incapable of all-out effort for extended periods.
I need naps.
Anyway, I'm just gonna add some social-media widgets and see what else recommends itself to my attention before I start filling the place in.
It'll be much nicer digs than Fortune City, and I'm pleased to be able to bring it to people who haven't seen it before.
Fallen Earring now sits at just over 8000 words. I'm gonna peck away at it a little more and then call it a night. Or a day. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment